Saturday, October 9, 2010

Chemo Style

All right, it's time to just start talking about this. If I wait until I have everything organized and lined up and perfect I will never do it, so I'm just going to start where I am and (hopefully) get better from here.

First, a "before" pic. This was a couple of weeks after my second surgery, about a week before my donation haircut.

And here I am shortly after the initial shave - still sporting the G.I. Jane stubble, but pretty bald:

Which brings me to my first chemo style tip:
Do not be afraid to rock the big earrings.
The bigger and danglier the better. Whether you wear a scarf, a hat, or a short wig (and it seems many of us do end up more comfortable in short wigs rather than longer ones), or go around bald, there will never be a better time to show off huge, fun earrings.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Comments make my day, plus it led me to yours! Your long hair donation was so nice and I love the advice about the big earrings. I need to go get some more, I hadn't really thought about that. www.nancyspoint.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nancy! I really like what you're doing with your blog - very thought-provoking posts. Thanks for coming by!!

    ReplyDelete