Thursday, October 7, 2010

Taxol #5

I'm in a private room today. I've had a cold all week, and I'm in here to avoid spreading it around to other patients. It's definitely less fun in here. Chemo nurses are a very special breed, and I can hear them chatting and laughing out there in the fun zone while I sit in a bed in this quiet little room. Oh, well, it still beats having to wear a surgical mask over my nose and mouth. I'm not especially claustrophobic, but I can't stand the feel of my own hot exhalations crammed up against my face.

I am theoretically going to be filmed today for a video being made for future patients. My nurse asked me - the video is mainly about her, because she went through all of this as a patient before becoming a chemo nurse. They want to film her interacting with some patients and I have no problem with that. I hope it helps someone feel a little less scared and overwhelmed. Kinda makes me want to check my makeup though.

2 comments:

  1. I know you dont know me, but I just stumbled across your blog! Im going to be praying for you now! My hear is with people who have cancer.. my aunt has it right now, along with my best friend who is only 24. I watched a lifetime movie last night called "Living proof" about women who have breast cancer and what all the have to go through.. my heart goes out to you!! Your being prayed for in Georgia! Keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mandy! I'll keep your aunt and your friend in my thoughts as well. I thought I was young for this, but wow-24. That must be really scary.

    ReplyDelete