Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday after Taxol #2 - now with TMI

Today should be the bad day. So far though, I don't hurt at all. My hands occasionally feel a little hot and prickly, and that's pretty much it. Except that my bladder is irritated. I noticed the same thing last week, drank a lot of cranberry juice and water, and it was pretty much back to normal by yesterday - but now it's back. UTI? Or some kind of weird side effect I haven't read about yet?

Regardless, it's great to be feeling so good. I even got excited about cooking, for the first time in months. I've been reading about gelatin and making stock with chicken feet, so I just had to try it. I threw a few feet in with some celery, carrots & onion, the wings and carcass of a chicken I cooked in the rotisserie a couple of days ago, and a lot of water. It's been bubbling in the slow cooker for about 16 hours so far, and I think I'll let it keep going all day to get as much calcium out of the bones as possible. I love homemade chicken stock, the way it thickens up in the fridge so that even after you skim all the fat off, what's left still has a really rich, luxurious mouthfeel and so much flavor. I didn't know that gelatin was so good for you though. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment