Thursday, September 23, 2010

Big hair in the chemo chair

I wore my big red drag queen wig to work today. I don't bring it out often, but it looked cute with my outfit and it's really pretty comfortable. The plan was to take it off on the way to chemo, but when I did I realized it had left a deep indentation across my forehead - not pretty. I know, how much does "pretty" really matter when you're at the hospital having toxic chemicals pumped into your body? Well, it does, a little bit.

Still, I felt a bit ostentatious in the waiting area, sitting there with my huge flaming hair - "Peggy Bundy with class" is how one friend described it. The nurses & the pharmacist like it though.

So this is Taxol number 3 (of 12). It's the first one I'm trying without any Benadryl. If it goes well I won't have to be sleepy on Thursday afternoons anymore, so I'm really hoping I don't have a reaction to the Taxol. I just finished the 30 minutes of pre-meds and am currently being flushed with saline again, so I guess I'll know soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment