Thursday, September 9, 2010

Taxol #1 underway

So here I am coming to you live from the chemo suite again. So far, so good with the Taxol - no reaction during the initial slow phase, so they've sped up my drip and I'm still having no problems with it. I'm also not horribly groggy from the Benadryl, so hopefully I will have no problem driving myself home from future infusions. Today I got a ride from my mom, just in case.

The bad news is, my nurse, who has been through this herself, told me she still has some trouble with neuropathy in her feet. I though that crap was supposed to be temporary. I need my feet for dancing, my fingers for working, sewing and beading. We're doing all of this so I can have a long life, but I need that life to include the things that make me happy or it isn't really worth the trade-off. Ah, well. No matter what, I will find a way to keep doing what I love. I always do. There is no other option.

No comments:

Post a Comment