Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 1 after first chemo treatment

I had the first of four rounds of AC (Adriamycin & Cytoxan) on July 15, 2010. I'm on a dose-dense schedule, so I get a treatment every 2 weeks. After that's done, I'll do 12 weekly treatments of Taxol. I started posting pretty frequently about how chemo made me feel, at least while it was making me feel bad. Here's the first chemo post:

Friday, July 16, 2010

So far so good. My appetite is pretty low, but there isn't more than a barely noticeable undercurrent of nausea. I feel like if I were to do something silly like eat way too many sweets, spin around in circles, or watch a 3D action movie I'd probably feel pretty sick, but since I'm not going to do those things I'm fine. I did feel a little yucky after going back in for my Neulasta shot this afternoon, but one of my "as needed" nausea pills seems to have wiped that out pretty well. I may even eat my lunch after all - yummy Thai lettuce wraps leftover from last night's dinner.

Yeah, so far all the extra meds are treating me right. I even did a Bar Method DVD last night, because I figured I might as well take advantage of feeling so good, since it may not last.

Oh, and the shirt I made for myself on CafePress was a hit with all the doctors and nurses. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment