Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 1 after second chemo

Friday, July 30, 2010

Still feeling great from the steroids & other meds yesterday. A little headachy, definitely not hungry, but I've packed myself all kinds of good easy food to snack on all day at work...some leftover rib meat from dinner, a couple of clementines, carrots, bell pepper slices, Greek yogurt, and a few of my mom's awesome cottage cheese patties. Plus I have some lovely fresh organic beet/wheatgrass juice at work from a friend.

Now that I've had some time to think, I'm a little weirded out by a couple of things from yesterday. The fact that my dose was lowered a little bit because I lost weight bothers me. Will it still work as well? My side effects are controlled very well, so why can't I have the full dose? And the fact that my blood counts came back perfectly normal makes me wonder, too. Is this working? Maybe I should assume that the medicine is too busy attacking cancer cells to mess with my healthy cells as much, or that the Neulasta works REALLY well for me. Things to ask the doctor next time. She's really responsive to my questions and concerns, I just love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment