Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 6 after first chemo treatment

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Feeling pretty okay today. I tried to start the day with a Bar Method DVD (Designer Sculpting, the easiest of the 3 I have), but felt really queasy before getting beyond the initial arm exercises, so I stopped. Exercising on an empty stomach has never been a problem for me before, but I think from now on I'm going to have to be careful about that. I had a raspberry-yogurt smoothie and it settled my nausea right down, and I'll probably try to finish the rest of the DVD after work. Keeping a little food in my belly definitely helps with the remaining little bit of queasiness I'm still feeling.

I have lost a few pounds in the last 2 or 3 weeks, actually all of the 8ish pounds I had gained since my diagnosis. I'm not supposed to be losing weight right now, so we'll see if I get in trouble for that at my next appointment. I am eating well, and if I need to I can easily add in more calories, I just don't want to eat a lot of the high-calorie empty crap that put all that fat on me in the first place. Fruits, veggies, proteins and a few high-quality grains are all I want to focus on. Well, that and a little chocolate!

I have a little bit of a headache again today. I guess I will try taking some Tylenol, since that is the only OTC painkiller that doesn't mess with your platelets. It usually doesn't work on my headaches, but this is not one of my typical horrible headaches, so maybe it will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment